15.11.10

"You can't just make me different and then leave," I said out loud to her. "Because I was fine before, Alaska. I was fine with just me and last words and school friends, and you can't just make me different and then go." For she had embodied the Great Perhaps - she had proved to me it was worth it to leave behind my minor life for grander maybes, and now she was gone and with her my faith in perhaps. (...) You can't just make yourself matter and then go, Alaska, because now I am irretrievably different, Alaska, and I'm sorry I let you go, yes, but you made the choice. You left me.

Looking for Alaska ~ John Green


I'm rereading this again, it's such a great book and I had forgotten how many lovely quotes there are [which is why my copy is heavily-highlighted and has silly notes etched in the corners].

2 comments:

Gian said...

I really really like your annotations, btw :)

I also really like the book.

Anonymous said...

I never read this book!
): vou ler next!