19.10.10

You wanted to take me to the aquarium. I nodded, even though the idea terrified me. Maybe it was the tunnels where you looked up and could see fish around you or the louds crowds in there or how claustrophobic it was in there. Nonetheless, I let you hold my sweaty hand and pull me through, telling me childhood anecdotes and sharing interesting information about the fish there.
"Let's go see the otters, they're my absolute favorite!" you said, turning back at me, pulling me through the group of five-year olds there on a school trip. I could feel something pressing down on my lungs, the air escaping from my body.
I gasped helplessly, but you couldn't hear me. I squeezed your hand, hoping you would turn around, but you continued pulling me through the dark.
I wrapped my skinny arms around my shivering frame while you continued blabbering about the time so and so went with you to the zoo and something or other happened and how it was hilarious.
I had no choice but to suffocate.

-

I don't know.

No comments: