24.8.11

Something cool I've discovered: for my birthday, Gian gave me 'For Esmé - With Love And Squalor' (also known as 'Nine Stories', because basically, the book consists of nine short stories) and the title of the book is the title of one of the stories. In the sixth book of The Series of Unfortunate Events, 'The Erzatz Elevator', the name of one of the Baudelaires' guardians is Esmé Squalor (she was part of that couple where they only care about things that are 'in', like pinstripe suits and olive martinis), which I'm pretty sure isn't a coincidence and I think it's nice that there's that little connection between two of my favorite authors.

3 comments:

Gian said...

I find intertextuality uma das coisas mais amazing e fun e awesome ever! mesmo que seja something kinda hidden or anything. :)

Gabi said...

Esmé was probably one of my least favourite characters ever, she was so annoying, damn it.

Gian said...

Btw, acabei de lembrar que The Cure tem uma música "Bananafishbones" :)
Que, inclusive, gerou some people to make a band with the same name :)