27.5.11

I watched Into the Wild tonight. This week has been particularly bad and I was really, really glad I watched something inspiring. I've just been feeling so trapped and, I don't know, Christopher McCandless' story is so beautiful and it's true and it was just what I needed, and although this wasn't the first time I watched the movie, I felt like this time was more significant, probably due to how I've been feeling. And during parts, I would cry or my eyes would tear up and it just felt nice crying about something good for a change and especially since I was watching the movie by myself, I didn't have to explain why I was crying. Whenever I watch movies that move me this much, I always feel the urge to write about them but they always come out so inarticulate and wrong. The amount of influence movies has over me never ceases to me. Okay, yeah. Happiness is only real when shared.

No comments: