30.5.11

Your finger tips feel like ice on my skin and you mumble apologies when I shiver
It's alright, they're actually caused by how familiar this feels
And I know there are still orange lipstick marks on your bones
Your voice on the phone last night made me cry
And you heard my voice trembling on the other side and you didn't ask why
To be honest, I wouldn't be able to answer you accurately
You learned lovely sentences in foreign languages and whispered them into my braided hair
I helped you dye your hair green in my cracked bathtub and you pretended to like it
The first enjoyable birthday I had was when you bought me cupcakes and a plastic crown
You were the one that noticed how green my eyes turn when I cry
and I was the one who showed you your favorite song and wrote the lyrics on your skin
(Not that any of that would make a difference now)
I shut my eyes and kissed you, despite the angry protests creating turmoil in my head.

-

I don't really know what this is. I guess I've just been wanting to write something for a while now.

1 comment:

Gian said...

I like the flow of this :)