20.2.10

Just going through a phase (?)

Yesterday, I was talking to my sister about religion and I probably said something about how I'm not really religious and how it's not as common to find someone my age having a lot of faith in God and all. And then she said "Oh, that's such an age thing. No offense, but you'll grow out of it and eventually find out what you believe in." Which got me thinking about this whole teenager thing, I guess. I kind of hate being stuck in that "teenager" group, where adults think I'm always moody and angsty and repressed.

Anyways, another point I was trying to make: two of my friends have fake IDs and were going to this balada or whatever. Personally, I think people my age who think they're so much older are ridiculous. I mean, I think we waste too much time being 15 but wishing we were 18 and then we'll finally be 18 and we'll wish we were 15! And this whole clubbing thing or whatever you call it, I'll have like 15 years of doing it legally. Also, these things only have waaay older people. (Or maybe I'm just a little mad because I wasn't invited, nbd).

Going back to what my sister said: "You'll grow out of it." And that got me thinking, is all this confusion, heart ache, lack of sense of belonging and wanting to run away, is this just part of being a teenager? In a couple of years am I just going to instantly feel better because now I'm older? I kind of hope so.

2 comments:

Gian said...

I guess we just kind of let it go. NOt worrying so much about the details, but having a general idea.

We worry too much :/

Anonymous said...

eu quero grow up fast.