30.1.10

I have a strong feeling that I overthink everything, and I really do. Anyways, the other day I was thinking about friendships. Specifically, about long-distance friendships. Having had a long-distance romantic relationship and a long-distance friendship relationship, I can assure you that the romantic kind if easier. I mean, sure, you do miss them more but you guys have a reason to continue talking to each other every day and sending funny little messages and that's because you love each other and there's no one else that you're in love with. With friends, it's really different because as much as you may miss your friend who has gone away, there are other friends and you have distractions. I just guess that eventually with friends you no longer have anything in common to talk about and there's not enough love to keep you two talking together. Of course, sometimes the two people don't even notice that they're growing apart and they say "hey, let's skype this week!" but schedules and time zones are different and your weekly meet-ups never happen. I'm not saying this is a good or bad thing, it just happens. And if people want to walk out of your life, maybe they shouldn't have been there in the first place.

PS: This isn't directed to anyone, I promise, this is in general. If it were, I'd throw in some names. :)

1 comment:

Gian said...

D:
I think it sucks pretty bad. Especially when one ends up getting sad for losing the other person, even though the one does not do anything