18.4.10

That afternoon that you picked me up after my afternoon classes you were wearing your dorky winter hat. The weather had changed drastically that day and you decided that it was cold enough to start wearing your hat. You looked ridiculous in it, but that didn't stop me from kissing your chapped lips and putting my numb fingers in your coat pocket. You were amazing that day, although I never told you. Not even when you were quietly undressing me in your room or when you made me pancakes or when you were taking pictures of me while I lazed around on your couch. Maybe if I had told you, it would've made a difference. Maybe not. All I know is that that day, with you standing there, greeting me with a shy smile and a warm hug, all I wanted to do was sit down and tell you about my day over a cup of hot chocolate.

We walked hand in hand on the sidewalk, occasionally being surprised by a gust of wind that rustled my hair and made me squeal. I grinned up at you.
"This is so easy," I stated.
He made that face that I always loved, with his thick eyebrows furrowed and his eyes thoughtful. "What is?"
"Being with you, loving you. It's so effortless, I don't even have to try!"
"Is that a good thing?" he asked, squeezing my fingers.
I pressed my glossed lips together. "Yes. It is. For now, it is, anyways."
You shrugged at my response and continued walking.

-

Random bursts of inspiration while listening to Death Cab FTW!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

FTW mesmo, I LOVE reading what you write!

sheep said...

FTW FTW FTW é essa história, pqp, que LINDA <3 i can seriously imagine every tiny detail of it!

alangolom said...

Why do I love stories like this so much?

Gian said...

:3

(but it reminds me of http://stayfortea.blogspot.com/2010/04/espaconave.html)

André N. said...

Serio, you're gifted.

Gian said...

Nossa, I sucked.
I re-read this and I really really love this!