31.10.09

Bleep Bleep Bleep

The existence of "bad words" is something that bothers me. Okay, not so much bothers me, but it confuses me. Why are there words that can't be said in certain situations? Who makes these words up? What do they really mean? 

For example, what's going to change if I say 'darn' or 'damn'? Is there that big of a difference if I say 'shit' or 'poop'? No, not really. And there are degrees of bad words. Like 'damn' or 'hell' aren't really considered bad words anymore but 'fuck' is considered super rude. Fuck fuck fuck. There, I said it. Did anyone's life change drastically because I said that? Nope. 

And I've mentally divided people by the reasons why they say bad words: 1, because they think they're being bad-asses and 2, because they really don't care, words are words. 

But yeah, I just think the existence of bad words is pretty retarded and unnecessary. 
I have a head ache now, my parents watch TV waaay too loud. 

No comments: